Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Scale of 1-10
My physical wellness on a scale of 1-10 would be a 6. I have Leukemia, which is a blood disorder, and they type I have is a very slow growing Leukemia. I am also a diabetic, which I keep under control. I do not have to have injections, oral medication is all. My spritual well being on a scale from 1-10 would be a 7. That is really good for me compaired to a year ago. My psychological level would be an 8. I am a very open minded individual, somewhat of a free spirit. There is good in everything all you have to do is look for it. Try and always focus on the positive, there is enough negative in the news. Implementing goals in the three different categories of my life have already begun, not letting the physical aspects of my life bring me down. I keep a close eye on my blood work and take supplements for anything I may be low in. I have a problem with vitamin D levels so I take supplements everyday for that. My spiritual well being I also work on that each day. I try and meditate or do yoga exercises each day. The psychological aspect of things are on the upswing also. I returned to school to finish my degree in psychology at the age of 56. Some of my family and friends try to discourage me from doing that , espically when I found out that I had L`eukemia. But for me, finding that out only enspired me all the more to complete what I originally started out to do. I have never really looked at age as being a factor in determining a lot of things, it all depends on the individual. "The Crime of the Century " was a wonderful CD, I felt very refeshed after listening to it. It was very relaxing and I even burned a CD to keep it on hand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Maryann,
ReplyDeleteIt's great that you have already implemented some of your goals towards achieving overall optimal health. I can understand why your family and friends were concerned for you to return back to school, I don't think your age was a factor, but the fact that school can be so stressful, that it could make your illness worse. But, it seems like you have found different outlets to control your stress levels and therefore, I say to keep going!
Thank you Maria I appreciate your support. Yes you are right I have found outlets for my stress, and I do not know where I would be right now had I not looked inward.:)
ReplyDeleteJourney--I found this relaxation exercise to be quit beneficial. It totally allows you to relax. It put me almost in a hipnotic state of mind.
ReplyDeleteLoving Kindness--This dacher CD is very informative. I view this CD as the one that truly allows a person to begin the inward journey. To be able to go thru and look at people thru out your life that may have been an unjustice to you and being able to transform those emotions into a loving and kindness emotion is truly amazing. It is a way of thinking that you have to work on everyday.
ReplyDeleteOur Mental Workout--proven effects of Mental Workouts are less stress. I had my mental practices put to the test a few days ago, and I must say I did very well considering the customer I had. But my practicing did pay off. We have all had customers that were totally out of it, totally irrational, did not have the slighest clue what they were talking about. But I survived and with a smile on my face, feeling somewhat sorry for the individual.:)
ReplyDeleteSubtle Mind Exercise: I very much enjoyed this exercise, it was extremely relaxing and it allowed me to look very deeply and clearly at a individual or individuals, and open my heart to them. In turn reversing any negativity from the past. When I completed the exercise, I was completely calm and focused. This state of mind is so fullfilling for me, practicing it, is becomming like an addiction for me.
ReplyDeleteSpiritual Wellness, menatl wellness, and physical wellness work togeather as a whole. One depends on the other to keep the circle whole. If one aspect of the circle alters its position , all aspects suffer in one way or another. To accomplish the complete wholeness, all things must work togeather.
ReplyDelete