Sunday, June 27, 2010
Unit 7: Meeting Asciepius
I enjoyed completing this exercise as I have most of them, but for this one I enjoyed the most so far. Being able to allow the light beam to connect from my mentor to myself for a few moments was very relaxing and a very much needed break. Working through the rest of the exercise was also very enjoyable. Being mindful of your thoughts allows you to put different things into perspective. Not allowing yourself to get stressed, or overwelmed. Which in turn helps to keep a well balanced self. Daily practices of these exercises will help foster greater health and wellness. The more I practices these exercises the better I will become at creating a better life for myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Maryann
ReplyDeleteI liked the meditation exercise too. My mentor turned out to be an old man with thick gray hair and beard and bright blue eyes. He just sat and smiled. I didn't have anyone in mind as a mentor so he just sort of appeared to me. I'm glad you had a good experience with the meditation exercise. I have also found them to be very relaxing.
Hi Maryann
ReplyDeleteI found this exercise to be my favorite also. Allowing use to think of that one person that has so much wisdom and insight. Then allowing us to absorb what they have to offer. I chose someone that was not in my family. Someone I have known for years, some one that has guided me and made me understand many things. Someone that has seen so much and helped so many people. Through him, I found a practice that can heal the body with out a drop of medicine. So, anytime I get sick I try to see him. That is when I am back in town. I usually don't get sick that often. But it is my Chiropractor. I use to work for him. It took me a while before I would go to him for therapy, I watch and learned so much from him. Now I use it along with massage to foster greater health and wellness. We have so much to offer for others, we just have to be willing to teach others. Great post.
Maryann,
ReplyDeleteThis exercise, too, has been my favorite of all of them. My husband has been such an integral part of my growth that I could not think of anyone to share this moment with.