Sunday, July 18, 2010
Unit 10 question 4
In summerizing my personal experience through out the semester I would have to say that this has been my favorit and most helpful class that I have attended during my schooling at Kaplan. I have very much developed my overall well-being. I am much more focused on the moment instead of just going through the motions with any one thing. The one thing that was probably the most difficult when I first started it was quieting the mind. It is much easier for me now because my practing has turned it to a natural thing daily. In certain situations I have to remind myself to focus on the moment but I am getting much better. My ability after taking this class will improve my ability in assisting other by being able to share my experiences with them and to teach them the techniques that I have learned. Thanks Professor!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
In my opinion, quieting the mind was probably the most difficult to achieve for every female in our class; even when we're supposed to be focusing on quieting the mind, a chore or responsibility sneaks in and tries to take over the session, but I'm glad that Dacher provided information on how to shut that type of interruption out of the mind and maintain a focus on quieting the mind. What has helped me to maintain a quiet mind, is the fact and realization that only I have the freewill and power to either entertain the interruption, or to get rid of it by refocusing my thoughts.
ReplyDeleteMaryann,
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you really got alot out of this class. True, it might not be perfect at this stage, but just think how much better that you will be doing six months from now? Then, a year? If you can stay focused in the time of "now" then you will be getting a double whammy, since "now" equals less stressful thoughts or worries. The more that you practice, the more gamma waves... the more gamma waves, the more gamma waves that your mind will continue to produce. You can now share this gift with the world, so that you can promote human flourishing and the precious life. Happy positive thoughts to you and your career. Thank you for your interesting posts to the discussions.