Sunday, July 11, 2010
Unit 9 Project--Introduction- It is important for health and wellness professionals to develope psychologically, spititually and physically becasue as a practitioner if an individual does not practice integral health in their own life they cannot possibly guide their patients to a life of integral health. To achieve integral health, one must develope and balance the psychological, sprititual, and physical aspects of life, this would be even more so for the practitioner. In my personal life, I must constantly work on all three areas of my life to achieve the balance within. Assessment-Physical well being- on a scale of 1-10, I would rate my current physical well being at 8. I am continuing to work on my immune system as Luekemia is still within. My lymphocytes levels are continuing to drop at a steady pace. I am feeling wonderful, better than I have in years, more energy and stamina. Spiritual well being-On a scale of 1-10, I would rate my current physical well being at 8. I have never been this spiritually balanced, and how wonderful it feels to be focused and making good decisions and not reacting without thinking about the situation first. Psychological well being-On a scale of 1-10, I would rate my psychological level at an 8. I am not where I want to be in my professional career, and that creates a little anxiety. But in another 6 to 8 months I will achieve that goal. I am sure at that point the anxiety I feel now will dissipate. Goal Development- Quality of life -remain unaffected by Leukemia Physical goal-remainpain free and full of energy Spiritual goal-continue to discover within. Psychological goal-reduce negative thoughts and also reduce strssors in life. Goal setting can be very general or specific. It is best to have a goal that is specific, measurable, actionable, realistic, and timely, or SMART. It is easier to see progress and stick with the goal that is set. Stragies that I can implement to foster growth in each of the following domains, Physical, Psychological, and Spititual are staying focused on my physical, psychological and spititual growth. Continuing to practice my meditation exercises and being able to calm the mind and focus on the paht I want to go down and never loosing sight of all my goals, short and long term. I will continue to assess my progress in the next six months by journaling, which will assist me in maintaing my long term practices for health and wellness. I will periodically look back to see where I have been, and constantly stay focused on where I am going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Maryann,
ReplyDeleteI think you are very wise to incorporate the SMART in your goalsetting. I will have to incorporate that into my practice with my clients. You have to set small goals that you can achieve. If you set the bar too high, you will end up getting frustrated and quitting.
I wish you the best in your Leukemia treatments. It has been great being in class with you this term.